WhatsApp New Version Features Disappearing Messages and WhatsApp Pay are officially out now.
Users need to update the latest version of WhatsApp from Google Play Store or Apple iOS to get WhatsApp new features update.
Whatsapp New Version Features Download Android Click Here
For iOS Click Here
Here are WhatsApp new version features.
Whatsapp New Version Features “Whatsapp Pay”
Facebook-owned messaging app Whatsapp has finally received clearance from the National Payments Council of India (NPCI) to roll out their new feature Whatsapp Payment, the UPI payment interface.
Trail phase of Whatsapp Pay already out and many users already signed up in the early trial phase.
The NPCI had also previously raised concerns regarding Whatsapp’s data location policies.
Whatsapp New Version Features are now available for android and iOS users in India. To get Whatsapp Pay, You need the latest version of Whatsapp installed on your phone.
Whatsapp Payment India will use the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) to provide services. Currently, Google Pay and Phone Pe are popular and most used UPI apps in India, In real-time more than 140 banks in India support UPI and there is no fee or charges.
“Now you can send money to your friends and family through WhatsApp as easily as sending a message. There’s no fee, and it’s supported by more than 140 banks. And because it’s WhatsApp, it’s secure and private too.”
“It’s safer than handing someone cash and eliminates the need from standing in line at the bank. So you can quickly send money to families and friends that may be miles away across the country.” He added.
Whatsapp Pay, Whatsapp New Version Features are currently rolled out for 20 million Whatsapp users in India, More users will be added in upcoming phases. Currently, 400 million-plus users using Whatsapp in India.
Whatsapp Payment services are available in 10 Indian regional languages.
Whatsapp Pay will work only with resister number, Mean UPI number (Number in Bank) and resister number on Whatsapp must same.
How to Active Whatsapp Pay
Setting Whatsapp Pay is easy and the same as all UPI apps.
- Download the latest version of Whatsapp from Google Play Store or iOS store
- Click on 3 dots in the top right corner
- Click on “Payments”
- Click in bank name (Already in account) from the bank list
- Verify your phone number
- Verify OTP if not automatically (Whatsapp Pay will auto verify bank details and OTP)
Users must have a bank account with a debit card in India to register for the first time, If not used any UPI app before.
How to Use Whatsapp Pay for Payments
Once UPI set-up is done follow the below steps to send payments.
- Open chat window
- Select contact you want sends payment
- For android click on the attachment icon (Shown in the above image)
- For iOS users “+” icon available near the chatbox
- Tap on the icon, You will see payment options
- Add the amount you want to send, add any comment if (optional)
- Click on pay and enter UPI Pin
You use the same method for receiving money. You can also request payment and the payer will get a notification to make payment in Whatsapp Pay.
Users can also send payment by scanning the QR code.
The customer is verified with OTP and Whatsapp registered number sim card is must be on the phone to use service.
No KYC needs to use this service because the customer is already verified.
Whatsapp New Version Features: “WhatsApp Disappearing Messages”
The Facebook-owned online chat messenger WhatsApp rolled out Whatsapp New Version Features “WhatsApp Disappearing Messages”.
This new feature allows Whatsapp users to enable Disappearing Messages on chats. After enabling this feature Whatsapp messages will disappear automatically from chat after 7 days.
This Whatsapp New Version Features available for all 2-billion plus users within this month.
Whatsapp announced this new feature on the official Twitter page, By Saying
“Introducing disappearing messages. Now you can set chats to disappear after 7 days. Because not all messages need to stick around forever.”
Introducing disappearing messages. Now you can set chats to disappear after 7 days. Because not all messages need to stick around forever. pic.twitter.com/3Ny2mVxSaQ
— WhatsApp Inc. (@WhatsApp) November 5, 2020
Whatsapp also added to the blog
“We’re starting with seven days because we think it offers peace of mind that conversations aren’t permanent, while remaining practical so you don’t forget what you were chatting about. The shopping list or store address you received a few days ago will be there while you need it, and then disappear after you don’t.”
Key Points About WhatsApp Disappearing Messages Feature
– Whatsapp also confirmed and said unopened messages will also disappear after seven days, The preview of the message will be displayed in notification until Whatsapp is opened.
– If the user already replied to a Disappearing Message, The initial quote text remains in the chat after seven days.
– If a disappearing message is forwarded to a chat with the disappearing feature off, The message won’t disappear in the forwarded chat.
– If users take a backup before messages disappear, The backup would include the disappearing messages, But restoring would delete it.
– If media auto-download and Whatsapp disappearing messages both features are On, Then media will disappear from chat, but it will still be saved on the phone and available. You can turn off auto-download from WhatsApp Settings -> Data and Storage Usage -> Media Auto-Download.
– Whatsapp warned, Users can take screenshots, Copy messages, and Take pictures of chat before they disappear, so use this new feature only with trusted individuals.
– The settings won’t affect messages you previously sent or received in the chat.
– The feature is available for individual as well as group chats. In group chats, The only admins of the group will be able to enable or disable this feature.
How to Enable or Disable Whatsapp Disappearing Messages Feature
Step-1: Open Whatsapp
Step-2: Open Chat by Clicking Name
Step-3: Tap on Contact’s Name
Step-4: Tap Disappearing Messages
Step-5: Select On or Off.
If Feature is “On” the message sent in the chat will disappear after seven days.
If Feature is “Off” the message sent in the chat will no longer disappear after seven days.
There is no option of customizing the time frame of seven days.